Data Applications Engineer - Machine Learning - Bangkok
- Willing to relocate to Thailand
- You have at least 3 years' experience in back end/server side software development using OO technologies
- You have experience of working in a test driven environment
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Mindset of a great teammate
- The ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Bachelor's degree in Comp Science/Information Systems/Engineering/related field
Not Required but a big plus
- Experience in modern development technologies (as in 'the technologies they use' section, or similar)
- Experience with large scale/distributed systems in production
- Academic level knowledge of statistics
Some of the technologies that they use (in production), you will have some but we are not expecting you to have them all:
- Big Data Technologies (E.g.: Hadoop, Spark)
- OO technologies (E.g.: Python, Scala)
- Server side web technologies (E.g.: Django, Celery, Spray)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis)
- Cloud technologies (E.g.: OpenStack)
- Messaging (E.g.: RabbitMQ, Kafka)
Role:My client is looking for experienced OO software engineers to help them expand, scale and innovate in their machine learning development team.
Their Bangkok team seeks top-quality software engineers like yourself, that are passionate about data and software at scale using modern technology to solve problems. You will enjoy working in an agile environment writing lean, efficient code that serves as the backbone of their groundbreaking online booking platform.
The machine learning team develops systems that affect the entire business funnel. Their long term vision is to have Machine Learning participate in the decision making of every aspect of the product in real time - From the initial marketing to the post-payment page.
Their systems are not decision supporting, but rather decision making, so they are not only bound to delivering top notch algorithms, but also to develop with consistent quality, high availability, resiliency and scale.
The team is composed of experienced mathematicians and developers, working together to craft products that make a substantial impact on the business of the company. Working with them will expose developers to inner workings of Machine Learning from both the theoretical and practical side.
Information Technology is their focus, and an IT career with them provides excellent growth opportunities in an exciting, multicultural environment. Their industry moves fast, and so do they - but they have a great time doing it.
- You will design, write, test and deploy new systems
- Build their systems, scalable and ready for millions of visitors, daily.
- You will use their hardware to the fullest extent possible
- You will ensure their systems are fault tolerant or self-healing
- You will determine how to store and retrieve their data. Petabytes of it.
- Develop parallel analytic models (linear regression, random forest etc.,)
- Develop analytic models on Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) in-memory analytical platform.
- Analyze data using SQL, R, python.
- Debug memory dumps; thrashing thread pools, scaling load tests
- Fight with the garbage collector
- Find the next technological innovation that will make them the top e-commerce website.
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing IT employers with headquarters in Southeast Asia. With world class talent from over 65 countries, the atmosphere of a start-up and the muscle of a $3bn business, this company is an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Our client offers:
- Competitive annual salary
- Work for a billion dollar company
- Discounted hotel accommodation; anywhere in the world
- Exposure to travel industry
- Dress code: smart casual
Send us your CV now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76048487