Software Support Engineer
You be joining a dynamic team supporting a leading software product in the social care arena developed using the latest web technologies. It is also a great opportunity to make a difference in the social care domain.
What will you be doing?
- To maintain and develop software in order to meet supported customers needs.
- Providing support to customers on technical issues on various internal products, procedures and customer enquiries.
- To be part of a support team striving to provide effective solutions to customers in a professional, efficient and timely manner in line with service level agreements.
- Working as part of a team to develop fixes and enhancements throughout the software stack
- Maintain the software code base in response to customer fault calls.
- Diagnosing, reading, understanding and solving software problems that are encountered by customers.
- Take ownership and responsibility for resolution of customer faults.
- To fully understand the functionality of the products supported.
What will you need to be successful?
- Competent in a number of programming languages for example Java and SQL (also desirably some experience in VB)
- Experience of Web technologies e.g. CSS, .Net and Ajax.
- Experience in Web frameworks e.g. struts, spring MVC or similar
- Experience of using a version control system e.g. Git or similar.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant computing subject.
- Experience in database applications e.g. SQL Server, Oracle.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to work as a key member of a team.
- Occasional overseas travel to visit offshore team may be required
- Strong customer focus.
- The ability to recognise the impact of decisions on ours and customers businesses.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to find creative solutions.
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious.
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, employee share save scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76143346