IT Technical Support Apprentice
Baltic Training Services and Arena Group are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Technical Support Apprentice to join our client based in Garforth, Leeds.
Arena Group, an award winning company who specialise in hard copy and electronic document management. They provide the hardware, software, service and expertise that enables organisations to cut costs, improve efficiencies and become greener. They have grown from 10 employees in one small location to a company employing around 160 people across 6 UK offices.
They are a growing business and you will learn from a knowledgeable IT team. You're not expected to know everything but a positive can do attitude is a must.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Will be fully trained in all aspects of providing a repair/support service for office equipment (in particular photocopiers).
- This will include refurbishing and repairing photocopiers in a workshop environment and the setting up of new equipment ensuring full functionality and testing prior to installation.
- Technician will be using a mixture of mechanical, electrical and computer skills as part of their daily role.
- Technician will be responsible for his own work area ensuring that it is kept tidy and organised.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- Passion for IT.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is located in Leeds and is easily accessible via, all major public transport routes
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76168461