Category Analyst - Hard & Soft FM
Job Title: Category Analyst – Hard and Soft FM
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 + Benefits
Working hours: Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm - 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th October 2017
Responsible for supporting category management activity within an overall category management structure. Delivers improvement in P&SC service to the business in accordance with procurement strategy and business plans. Acts as a role model of professional procurement practice, delivering high quality solutions to meet the needs of the organisation.
What your principal responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Develops relationships with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and maintains appropriate stakeholder maps.
• Liaises proactively with stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote the work of P&SC.
• Participates in and supports procurement transformation throughout FirstPort, by working with stakeholders and responding to any issues or suggestions relating to the category.Procurement Responsibilities
- Supports the Category Manager and Buyer in the development of category strategies and plans.
• Maintains and communicates the preferred supplier and approved product/service lists for the benefit of the Category Managers and their stakeholders.
• Plans and carries out activities that drive Procurement & Supply Chain’s towards FirstPort’s goal of becoming the UK’s leading residential property manager ‘as measured by others’.
• As directed by Category Manager, conducts supply market research to identify influences on category strategy.
• Supports the preparation and administration appropriate documentation relating to e-auctions or other competitive bidding processes.
• Supports Category Manager and Buyers as required to maximise FirstPort’s purchasing power to improve its competitive edge and to deliver best value for customers and stakeholders.
• Follows and implements processes and procedures as required that ensure improved procurement performance in a timely and effective manner.
• Monitors and reports on activities and provides relevant management information.
• Liaises with key suppliers as required to support P&SC, FirstPort and its customers.
• Supports the management of supplier contracts and/or performance to meet the business needs using robust contracting methods.
• Regularly engages key customers and suppliers to understand their issues or concerns; feedback to Category Managers, Buyers and Procurement Operations; and seeks to improve procurement practice across FirstPort.
• Collects and analyses data relating to spend and supplier performance to aid opportunity assessment; supplier development and/or contract award.
• Prepares and collects data relating to service level agreements and contract performance measures.
• Supports the development of supplier and stakeholder communications on a broad range of issues as directed by the category teams.
• Undertakes activities with suppliers and stakeholders that improve compliance to procurement processes (e.g. P2P, e-auction, catalogue).
• Supports the on-time delivery of goods and services through effective working with suppliers and stakeholders.
• Supports development of and maintains stakeholder and communication plans on behalf of the category teams.
• Supports development of and maintains category action logs; risk registers; reports; and other progress trackers as required.
• Produces the appropriate performance metrics as determined by the category teams.
• Uses FirstPort’s IT systems, external resources and Coupa sourcing to conduct spend analytics, supply market research, competitive bidding analysis, evaluation etc.
• Conducts procurement activity in accordance with Health & Safety, compliance, regulatory, stated ethics and CSR policies, etc.Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects as directed by the Head of Procurement & Supply Chain and/or Category Manager.
• Develops and maintains own Personal Development Plan to drive towards target proficiency levels for role.
• Uses appropriate behaviours and attributes to support team building and collaboration.
Who you’ll be report to: Category Manager – Hard and Soft FM
Who you will be working with:
- Regional Directors, Development Managers & Property Managers
• Operational teams and Customer Support teams
• Finance System Support (FSS)
• Approved Contractors
• Purchase Ledger
• H&S Team
• Technical Services
• Other FirstPort departments
What we’ll offer you:
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service, plus bank holidays, (pro-rata for part time roles)
• Company pension scheme
• Life assurance 2 x annual salary
• Discounted voluntary benefits on hundreds of named brands
• Flexible benefits programme to include Healthcare, Additional Annual Leave, Childcare - - Vouchers and many more
• On the job training and continuing professional development
Who we are:
FirstPort is one of the largest and most experienced property managers in the UK, employing more than 3,300 people, of which 2,500 work at the developments we manage. We work across the residential property services market and provide a range of services through our diverse range of FirstPort brands. We manage over 3,700 developments, with national scale to set us apart for delivering genuine value-for-money services.
We also know that great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. Many people rely on us so they can enjoy their homes, safe in the knowledge that we will be there if they need us. Caring about people is at the core of what we stand for as a business.
To enable us to deliver these services we rely on our professional, experienced and motivated team. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their potential. We have a high performing, ‘can do’ culture and encourage learning and development, working with individuals to identify progression opportunities.
We have high standards at FirstPort and we reward our employees for their dedication and hard work with great benefits and awards when we see people going above and beyond. Our employees are as important to us as our customers.
Want to know more about us? Visit
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76174338