My Client is looking for a Compliance Manager to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Compliance Manager will be reporting directly to the Head of Quality, the Process & Compliance Manager is responsible for the overall quality, compliance and the maintenance of the Quality Management System for the organisation.
The Compliance Manager will also be responsible for ensure suitable coordination of employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions of their team and shall be responsible for the overall quality of process and compliance.
Develops suitable collaborations with all business function to ensure quality standards are in place and compliant across the business. This shall include working with relevant functional and business area Leadership Team members to drive quality assurance practices and behaviours into the business and act as the conscience for the business.
Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing processes and act as advocate of these principles across the business. Provide reports on and drive improvement through Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to the Business on both Quality Function and Business Quality performance, Ensures continued business adherence to ISO9001 and AS9100 standards.
Undertake all necessary actions to ensure that the Quality Management System (QMS) including all data within is maintained, remains appropriate for use, continually improves and is available for use. Manages process quality compliance audits by examining and verifying operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organisations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of the Quality Management System against the organisations certified standards. Ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001 and an excellent appreciation for the requirements of a Business Quality Management System (QMS).
- Experience of leading successful teams to drive solutions to issues and develop robust preventative actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and manage frequent interactions with the site Leadership Team.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
- Ability to set a clear vision for the Process and Compliance team, gain full buy in and commitment from all of the Quality professionals within the wider Quality team and develop a strategy plan to move periodically towards this vision.
- Be able to manage all aspects of quality assurance across the Ampthill lines of business with direct management responsibilities of a group of Quality Management Professionals, including process analysts, quality auditors and quality engineers.
- Experience in Quality Audits having prior successes working within large design to manufacture organisations.
- Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks.
- Ability to apply advanced quality engineering principles with internal teams and suppliers. Experience or knowledge of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, FMEA, Poke Yoke and RCCA.
- Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing & integration, Welding and Special Processes, Composite Manufacture and/or vehicle integration in the Defence and / or Automotive sectors.
- Experience of developing and implementing processes associated with large scale production.
- Proven ability to facilitate external audits from customers, the UK MOD and governing bodies.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Credible RCCA skills and appreciation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76167711