2nd Line Infrastructure Technician
Due to our impressive market position, and continued success, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Infrastructure Technician to join our existing team. The perfect candidate will have strong SQL & reporting skills, if this is you please read on.
This is an excellent opportunity for an existing IT professional who wants to gain further IT and business experience together with developing their career with a leading financial services organisation.
Ideally holding an IT/Computing qualification you must be able to demonstrate a logical, methodical and proactive approach to problem solving.
You will have responsibility of the day to day end user IT support needs of the company and need to use your Technical expertise across a broad range of technologies.
You'll need to be able to work well under pressure and have the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Second line responsibility for the day to day end user IT support needs of the company
- Serves as first point of escalation for First Line Infrastructure Technicians and responsible for tickets assigned by such
- Technical expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Offers software / hardware support including for in-house applications
- Carries out more in-depth investigation of problems and root causes
- Liaises with Senior Second Line, Third Line Technicians or Infrastructure Manager for escalations as necessary
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, via the helpdesk software or via email
- Offer advice to end users and first line technicians where necessary
- Follow help desk procedures and ticket handling procedures
- Log all user interaction within helpdesk software
- Responsible for responding to any urgent tickets in unassigned when no first line technicians are available
- Stay current with business application and system information, changes and updates
- Any other ad hoc tasks as and when required by the Infrastructure Manager
A presentable and highly organised individual, with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work including a logical approach to problem solving. An effective communicator, able to deal with colleagues and suppliers in a professional and confident manner. Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines as well as the drive to expand their knowledge as appropriate.
Must have a good level of competency for both Windows Client Server operating systems.
Skills & knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL queries and ability to manipulate databases - UPDATE/DELETE/INSERT as a minimum, preferably CREATE/JOIN/filtering also.
- Ability to construct SQL queries, write views, create stored procedures
- Enterprise IT Knowledge including good level of competency in;
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Office 365 inc Powershell
- TCP/IP Networking - DNS, ping/traceroute, understanding of existence of vlans / subnets etc
- Strong sense of pride and teamwork and willingness to aid in the success of the team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of phone systems, especially Shoretel
- Any experience with SAN
- GCSE IT (equivalent) or higher preferred
- Any IT industry qualification, MCSA / CCNA etc
- Further/Higher education qualifications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76040196