Senior Linux Systems Engineer - Get into HPC
Are you an experienced Linux Systems Engineer with a background in high performance computing including Linux Cluster Management?
Joining a global IT provider and consultancy in a client facing capacity this role will find you supporting an internal infrastructure as well as building and deploying clusters for clients and providing some technical support.
Overview of the Linux Systems Engineer position
- Build, customize and deploy solutions
- Finalize cluster deployments
- Provide Linux technical support including the support of high volume servers
- Support the pre-sales function and actively engage in the Tender process
- Perform benchmarking for new hardware (CPU, Network/Raid controller for example)
Key skills of the Linux Systems Engineer position
- Experience in the build, customisation and deployment of high performance computing solutions
- MPI programming and understanding
- HPC cluster experience (setup or use)
- Experience with network base provisioning tools (Puppet, cobbler, kickstart etc)
- A plus if you have experience in data analytics (Hadoop) or data mining
This is a broad job specification and full training will be provided for candidates who partially meet the criteria, so if you have skills in cluster management and a strong desire to get into HPC then please apply now for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75994945