Teacher of Design and Technology
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach GCSE Resistant Materials including years 10 and 11.
• Teach students from year 7 to year 9 all areas of the Design and Technology syllabus.
• Deliver the schemes of work to the lower school (years 7 to 9) and help to develop and review its content
• Help to review and develop the lower school projects, worksheets and homework handouts.
• Develop an extracurricular programme that encourages competitions and challenges.
• Organise the student work for our dedicated gallery display area.
• Marking, reporting and assessment of all students work on a continual basis.
Other duties and responsibilities:1.Planning, Expectations and Targets Teachers should: 2.· Set challenging teaching and learning objectives based on knowledge of the pupils, their past/current achievement, the expected standards for pupils of the relevant ages, the range/content of work relevant to pupils. 3.· Use these objectives to plan lessons and sequences of lessons in advance, showing how they will assess pupils’ learning, differentiating between pupils’ varying needs.4. · Select and prepare resources, including ICT, and plan for their safe and effective organisation.5.· Work with Department colleagues to develop Schemes of Work, teaching methodologies and resources. 6.· Use out of school visits, field work, trips, co-curricular activities and invited speakers/groups to enhance pupils’ learning.
Please email over your up to date CV for an initial conversation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76158758