Tutor - Employability
Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and they speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up
Their Education centre in Walsall are looking for an Employability Tutor to join them, to create an innovative and dynamic learning environment to young people aged between 19 - 28 years old.
The successful candidate will support and deliver Employability skills and Functional skills programmes including online testing in a classroom setting.
This role is a Fixed-term contract initially for 9 months with possibility of extension, working full-time (9am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and roll out an effective learning model.
- Contribute to the on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans that fulfil the requirements of the adult core and functional skills standards and meet the needs of potential employers.
- Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
- Attend training events / forums/courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
- Be responsible for the delivery of the employability skills pre-employment programme.
- Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners undertaking the pre-employment programme.
- Maintain a high standard of training and assessment and ensure performance targets are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Vocational experience and/or qualified teaching qualification
- A Level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education & Training, CTLLS or equivalent) or a Level 5 teaching qualification (Diploma in Education & Training, DTLLS, Cert Ed or equivalent)
- GCSE English, maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at Level 2 or above)
Salary for this role will be dependent on qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role
What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which our client's work has changed lives on their website.
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76156189