Childcare Practitioner - Residential
Childcare Practitioner - Children's Residential Permanent Bedfordshire
Your new company
Hays are working with a fantastic, innovative and forward thinking company in Bedfordshire who dedicates itself to enhancing the lives of children. This wonderful organisation gives young people with very complex needs a chance to get away from negative and sometimes risky behaviour, and provide them with the safety and positive relationships needed to build a better future.
Your new role
You will be someone who wants to make a difference and understand the needs of the young people and the behaviours they may present, as well as how to manage, support and influence change in relation to these behaviours. As a Childcare Practitioner, you will play a full effective role as a member of the staff team, providing high-quality assessment and residential care for young people.
To achieve this you be:
- Adhering to the organisations ethos and work within policy and practice guidelines.
- Actively participate in the development of a therapeutic environment
- Ensuring that the highest standards of care are provided for each young person.
- A key worker to specific children and participate in the primary care and support.
- Participating in the development of individual risk assessments, behaviour support.
- Able to identify signs of distress or abuse, and to ensure that the young people are monitored and protected following safeguarding procedures.
- Ensuring the health & safety of children is monitored in accordance with the law and good practice guidance, whilst participating in individual supervision, training and staff development opportunities as offered through the centre.
- Household Responsibilities, practical activities to maintain a home
- Keeping abreast with good practice
- Open to personal review and improvement, including the development of an understanding of the dynamics of intensive therapeutic work to encourage your growth further
What you'll need to succeed
- Full Manual Driving Licence
- Minimum of GCSE in Maths and English
- Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Awareness of the principles of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Basic understanding of the principles of childcare legislation
- Assertive and confident
- Good interpersonal / social skills
- Responsible and mature outlook
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to experience a rewarding, interesting environment alongside an attractive salary, onsite parking and the opportunity to develop and grow your skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Successful applicants will be required to apply for enhanced DBS disclosure. This organisation supports and promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination on grounds of; race, nationally, ethic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76155652