Job Title: Software Engineer
Do you have a BSc (2:1) or a higher degree from UK University in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering? Do you have experience working as a Software Engineer? Do you have ha drivers licence? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people.
- Minimum 2:1 BSc in Computer Science or Embedded Electronic Engineering, or similar.
- Solid hands-on coding skills in C/C ++ for embedded products.
- Windows GUI development with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Python development.
- Firmware and software generation and maintenance from initial concept through to delivery, fully tested and documented.
- Understanding of sensor interfaces and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to read and understand schematics of basic electronics.
- FPGA Development (Verilog).
- Experience with Raspberry Pi or similar embedded Linux platforms.
- Understanding of Communications Protocols preferred (TCP/IP), Serial, USB, etc.
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscope, DVM, etc.
- Ability to work in a cohesive small engineering team environment.
- Proven commercial experience and an understanding of the full product development lifecycle.
- Previous experience in instrument development.
- Candidate would be expected to provide occasional off-shore / off-site support as required including some overseas travel.
Work Skills/ Abilities:
- C/C ++ for Windows and embedded microprocessors.
- Python scripting, C# and Java development.
- VHDL, Verilog & FPGA Development.
- Software Coding standards and the software development lifecycle.
- Good written and presentational communication skills will be required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Candidates with a BSc (2:1) or a higher degree from UK University in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering.
- Drivers Licence as there is some travel that would be involved with the role.
- Candidates MUST be suitable for SC security clearance with UK MOD.
- A current UK passport is essential.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Software design.
- Software documentation.
- Software testing, verification and validation.
- Support to electronic engineers.
- Maintenance & enhancement of existing software.
ACS are recruiting for a Software Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Software Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Software Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Software Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Software Engineer role you desire.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76159345