My client is a £20m. Materials Handling company based in Hull with a network of branch offices and depots across the UK. They are now looking to recruit an experienced FD to head up the Finance function. This is a newly created position that will report directly to the MD.
- Managing the accounts team and day to day processing
- Work with the senior management team to grow the businesses
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and development of monthly financial reporting pack.
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances
- Preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly flexed budgets
- Daily, weekly and monthly cashflow management and forecasting
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and liaison with the Auditors
- Managing foreign exchange exposure
- Managing credit control policies and procedures
- Managing working capital
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters
- Developing internal audit systems and control
- Capital expenditure – evaluation and preparation of submissions
- Undertaking risk management assessments
- Analysing the impact of financial markets on the performance of products or services
- Recommending the most efficient funding options for the business
- Evaluating the financial impact of new business ventures.
- Progressing specific financial projects, such as acquisitions
- Managing direct reports including Financial Controller and ledger clerk
- Manage corporate relationships with banks, auditors and other parties
- Experienced Qualified accountant
- Minimum of 5 years at or near CFO level
- A strong technical accountant with a commercial flair.
- Capacity to influence and implement change
- An excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- The credibility and gravitas to influence at senior levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Highly refined analytical skills to quickly review and analyse business processes
- Thorough understanding of business strategy, organisational design and other business functions.
- Good IT skills and experience of ERP systems
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76151829