Customer IT Engineer
Customer Engineer site based required for a high profile client. Ideally the candidate will be someone who has just completed qualifications within the IT, Computer Science or Engineering fields, A’ Levels, BTEC or similar.
Successful candidate will be based at a customer site and will be trained to develop in to a specialist engineer at our high profile customer site to install, upgrade, maintain, repair and service many different items of IT equipment including PCs, Printers, MFDs, VOIP PABX, networks and patching, routers and switches, configuring mobiles phones and Tablets and much more.
The successful candidate will be trained to install, upgrade, maintain, repair and service majority of the IT equipment at the site giving the candidate knowledge and skills that are key in many areas of IT across the globe. The successful candidate will also be trained to use all supporting systems and tools including Remedy, Putty, PRIMA and CMDB amongst others.
This role is customer facing in a customer friendly but demanding environment so good communication skills are essential. Once trained to an appropriate level the successful candidate will be transitioned fully into the rest of the site team working in a demanding production and/or office environment, with strict SLAs for a service delivered 24x7.
Training will take place over set periods and phases; detail to be confirmed; as an overview this potentially will be, Introduction/Processes and Basics 0 to 3 months Customer Skills 0 to 3 months, then on-going Specific Equipment Training and Networks 2 to 6 months; will Software and Hardware – in-depth training 6 to 12 months Networks 9 to 18 months Other specialist Equipment and Tools 3 to 24 months On-going hardware, software, systems Continuous from day 1 Between 2 to 6 months Technicians will be required and able to deal with customer queries and resolve basic and common faults to an acceptable standard of quality and performance.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Once trained the position holder will be required to support variety of IT equipment including, desktop, laptop, printer, VOIP, video conference equipment, network hardware, as well perform software reloads and part replacement across the designated site; Position is the owner of customer incidents as assigned
• Once trained the position holder will be able to provides support for Tier III products including networks and software, high complexity networking & communication equipment, network & systems management.
• Make repairs and replace components on equipment such as PCs, workstations and peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems. Assist in site preparation--including, staging of and testing of equipment
• Contribute to the design and implementation of solutions to meet customer and contract requirements.
• Deliver basic work packages in line with company process to meet business and customer requirements.
• Analyse, Document and report on work completed to ensure compliance with Company and Customer Procedures.
• Contribute to ensure that operational documentation is fit for purpose and current to meet customer and contract requirements.
• Work to best practice procedures and guidelines to ensure consistent compliance to customer and company procedures
• Evaluate escalations and work with senior colleagues to resolve appropriately to ensure customer demands are met.
• Uses broad range of information systems, technology functions and applications in line with IT industry standards as appropriate to the role
• Demonstrate an organised approach to work.
• Once trained will have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Responds to all customer concerns or problems by resolving them or by escalating them to the proper associate, team member, manager, or the COE; Responsible for ownership of the customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customers satisfaction and/or within the parameters of the agreed upon Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Responsible for all assets that will be used in the delivery of customer services (i.e. tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property), or as assigned by management; Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping
• Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services. Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities
• Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level (i.e. Site, Area, Store or office)
PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS: BTEC /A’ Levels in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
Formal vocational and/or technical training/certification A+ Certification,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76085232