A fantastic opportunity is now available for a Kitchen Assistant/Technician to join an established educational facility close to South Shields. This role is to start ASAP and on a TEMPORARY on-going basis depending on business needs.
Hours of work are Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5.00pm, Friday 8.30am-4.30pm. .
You will be required to have a DBS (CRB) check prior to starting the role.
Essential requirements -
- Previous experience within a Cleaning/Kitchen Assistant/Technician role
Preferred requirements -
- Full Food Hygiene Award/Qualification
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for performing auxiliary duties as directed in relation to practical catering classes, and for carrying out work necessary for the operation of those classes in an efficient, safe way, and for the maintenance of appropriate standard in the Catering area. This position is an 80% cleaning position.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Senior Technician/Head of Department
- Collect prepare commodities for classes - which includes making up orders and demonstration trays.
- Prepare kitchen(s) for lectures. This includes collecting required equipment and may involve some basic cookery, .. preparation of vegetables, stock etc.
- Assist Lecturers in such tasks as demonstrations and clear up as appropriate.
- Clean kitchen equipment and utensils including regular, thorough deep cleaning where necessary.
- Carry out laundry work; washing, ironing and bringing linen etc to the laundry area and returning it to the proper location.
- Carry out routine housekeeping duties in the laundry area.
- Assist with the preparation of catering for visitors to the department.
- Stock, clean and tidy store cupboards, empty bins and lock stores when rooms are unattended.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in kitchen areas mopping up spillages which may be hazardous. Keep kitchen areas tidy and clean at all times.
If shortlisted you will be contacted ASAP as this role is to start ASAP. If you do not hear from us regarding this position please assume you have been unsuccessful, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Office Angels are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76089490