Payment/Debit Cards Product Manager
Payment/Debit Cards Product Manager – Gloucester
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our prestigious client within their Overdrafts and Payments team.
The Payment/Debit Card Product Manager will report to the Senior Manager for Overdrafts and Payments team as well as a member of the wider PCA team.
The role will be heavily focused on debit card management and be responsible for product managing all the debit cards for personal current account customers. The role-holder will also assist with management of payment business which could include BAU activities and support on more strategic projects as they evolve to regulations such as PSD2.
Our client is open to location of candidates being in either Gloucestershire or London – the majority of the team is based in Gloucester, so this would be the preferred location. The salary, however, will increase for the London location to reflect regional geography.
- Working with the PCA team to support the delivery of Migration and managing the backlog of activities post-migration to ensure that they successfully stand up to PCA business on the new platform
- Managing the technical structure of Debit Cards to ensure the products continue to work in the way this company and their customers expect them to, and that any changes made are implemented effectively
- Managing the wider relationship with Visa (while typically focused on debit cards, Scheme Manager responsibilities may include other Visa activities that the Debit Card Product Manager is not directly responsible for)
- Debit Card Product Management – Pricing, Proposition, Operational Features, Customer Metrics and Marketing brochures/campaigns
- During transition to new debit card scheme provider, assist with the change and potentially investigate opportunities throughout the relationship
- Delivering financial targets for debit cards, including forecasting, regular monitoring of performance, identifying issues and delivering actions to address any short falls
- Developing and using deep customer and market insight to identify, construct and deliver compelling customer propositions that contribute towards the commercial performance of the business
- Identifying, mitigating and tracking business, operational and financial risks
- Understanding the impact of regulatory change, ensuring product compliance, and overseeing operational changes required
Key skills and experience required:
- It is essential the candidate has management experience of debit cards and preferable experience of payment systems e.g. Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPS etc
- Essential skills in Card Scheme Management
- Must be from a Product Management role not dealing with the Software behind the Card Schemes
- Commercial activity in retail financial services, preferably with some current account/transactional banking experience
- Will consider Retail Banking Product Manager with ideally card experience
- A track record of delivery in large and complex environments – ability to deliver key projects in accordance with direction set by line manager
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
GB Solutions – Independent Recruitment Specialists acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
For 16 years GB Solutions has provided an unrivalled service whilst developing a team of specialist consultants providing permanent, contract and temporary staff across a vast number of industries. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76016928