User Experience (UX) Architect
User Experience (UX) Architect £42,000-48,000 dependant on experience + package with flexible working
User Experience (UX) Architect £42,000-48,000 dependant on experience + package with flexible working around core hours.
Located in the highly prestigious St Peter's Square development in the city centre, Distrelec are establishing their new Enterprise Hub.
The Enterprise Hub will be the European centre for the implementation of their new digital operations that will deliver all online marketing, trading, and technical deliveries for the organisation.
Distrelec, part of the Datwyler group, is a leading online distributor for electronics, automation, measurement technology, IT and accessories in Europe and the exciting new Enterprise Hub in Manchester will be its first operational presence in the UK.
This is an exciting time to be joining their business. Are you up for the challenge?
The role As UX Architect you'll play a key role in leading the user experience transformation across our digital estate. You'll be working collaboratively with product managers, insight analysts, software developers and digital marketers to translate customer needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into compelling and effective user experiences.
You'll have a keen eye for detail and be proficient with sketching, creating user flows, wireframing, prototyping, interaction design - as well as providing full-fidelity UI designs to pass to our development team.
- Apply your visual and interaction design experience to design attractive and usable interfaces on web, mobile and desktop.
- Identify user needs, problem areas and opportunities and decide on the best possible solution - creating user journeys, flows and wireframes.
- Facilitate workshops and brainstorming sessions involving key stakeholders.
- Organise and conduct user research (from surveys to usability testing) to identify key areas for improvement and aid prioritisation decisions.
- Generate ideas and use ideation tools and techniques for creating strong solutions and possibilities.
- Utilise a test and learn approach to help understand the user's requirements and test hypotheses.
Skills & experience
- Proven record of delivering designs that meet user needs, product requirements and business goals.
- Ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography and colour effectively.
- Consideration of user tasks and goals throughout the design process.
- Understanding and appreciation of CSS and HTML is advantageous.
- Confidence and ability to present and sell ideas.
- Expert-level proficiency in Sketch and/or Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centred design solutions particularly demonstrating approaches you have taken
- Experience using CRO / Multivariate testing tools is advantageous.
- You have a natural interest and passion for experience design, focused on consumer needs and goals.
- You are a creative thinker, offering alternative design concepts and techniques.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Proactive, positive, with a sense of ownership.
- Down to earth and pragmatic with great interpersonal skills.
- In addition to the supportive and collaborative work environment, you can expect:
- Excellent flex benefits package together with a bonus for every member of staff + pension
- Flexible working around core hours
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase/sell additional days
- Grade A offices with great transport access
- Opportunity to influence the way we work
- By joining the Datwyler family, you will not only enjoy the security, opportunities and benefits that come with the security of a global organisation, but also experience the excitement that a start-up business has to offer.
Distrelec is looking for people who are solution seekers, ready to roll up their sleeves and who are motivated to get things done. Distrelec aspires to be the most dominant distributor in the electro component market by serving its customers through understanding their challenges and seeking solutions to meet their needs.
Distrelec's leadership believe that drive and passion are key to success. They are a customer focused company with big ambitions and an exciting journey ahead. At Distrelec, you're empowered to make your mark. With that, comes unlimited possibilities.
For more information on the vacancy, or for a confidential discussion about what you are looking for, please contact Hays Digital on 0161 236 7768.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76037960