Garment Technologist/Product Developer - London
An exciting new opportunity to work for a globally renowned sportswear business, that are the go to brand for custom made sportswear, shirts and customised promo items. They are looking to fill a combined technical and development position, so you will be expected to follow the products through the full development cycle. They are looking for a fun, outgoing garment tech/ product developer to come and join their lively team. This is a growing business and they want to strengthen the design and development department.
Garment Technologist/ Product Developer-The Role
- Following company process from design concept to bulk production ensuring all QC requirements are met, whilst adhering to the critical path
- Thorough trend research and mood boards to be presented to the client each season, suggesting new styles, features, colour palettes etc.
- Sourcing new trims/ fabrics with overseas suppliers
- Bench marking current/ new product against competitors market
- Measuring samples against specifications/ size charts
- Producing technical information packs
- Attending/ running fit sessions
- Providing advice and support to the buyer where appropriate on sizing/ fit for the customer
- Risk assessing all products through wearer trials and testing
- Liaising with overseas factories, actioning fit comments and monitoring sealing process
- Produce wash care label artwork based on test report conclusions
- Design/ produce all packaging to the client’s requirements
Garment Technologist/ Product Developer-The Candidate
- Understanding of sports and the specific functional qualities required/ fabrics used within the manufacture of sportswear
- A minimum of 2-3yrs years’ experience within the manufacture of sportswear or multiproduct
- Knowledge of fabric properties, trims, sewing techniques and pattern cutting
- Knowledge of testing standards
- Confident in Adobe Illustrator
- Confident to meet with clients and create designs/ fit samples based on their brief
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a good eye for detail
- Fashion Design/ Garment Technology qualifications essential
If you are motivated, proactive and thrive working in a fast paced environment then my client wants to talk to you. This role is immediately available, so please get in touch
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76152519