As Financial Controller you will be reporting directly into the Finance Director. You will be tasked with managing the day-to-day performance of the finance function, developing four members of staff and working to improve the businesses reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:day to day management of the companies working capital
- Responsibility for all balance sheet reconciliations and balances
- Responsible for the accuracy of all financial data
- Lead the annual audit and manage the audit process at both local and group level
- Management accounts preparation with effective and accurate insight into performance
- Lead the annual budget preparation through liaising with non-financial stakeholders
- Take ownership for, and improve, the monthly rolling forecasting process by developing a strong relationship with the other functions in the company
- Manage payroll, credit control, and all transactional finance through effective management
- Lead on VAT returns and take into consideration international/European complexities
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) who is a self-motivated problem solver with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively.
You will need the following
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Show clear evidence of managing the day-to-day of a finance function, including people management
- Be a team player
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the business
- Be able to demonstrate success in working cross company to improve forecasting and performance reporting
Our client has been operating for over 20 years and moved to Derby following considerable international expansion. As a mid-sized business with 100+ employees, the company continues to innovate and the brand is going from strength to strength.
Salary & Benefits
- £45000 - £55000
- Mobile phone
- Staff discounts on products
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76148841