Mobile Developer, iOS
UrbanThings have a unique opportunity for a mobile developer to shape our public transport and ticketing apps, powering millions of passenger journeys.
This is a chance to join a skilled mobile development team at the cutting edge of transport apps and m-ticketing. You’ll be working to maintain and update our existing code base and helping to build out bleeding-edge features for new products such as beacon and NFC-based travel. You’ll gain exposure to new code patterns and modern constructs.
If you have at least two years professional experience with mobile development and you’re ready to take things to the next level, this is for you. You’ve written your own apps, perhaps even published them on the App Store. You have a genuine passion for mobile and the Apple ecosystem. You're comfortable working in a small team and capable of delivering high-quality maintainable code.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of London’s fastest-growing startups. Come and join us!
- 2+ years iOS development in Swift
- Good understanding of the various frameworks and functionality provided by iOS
- Understanding of iOS design patterns and application architectures
- Building UI using storyboards and auto-layout
- Understanding of asynchronous programming and GCD
- Familiarity with network protocols / iOS network APIs / RESTful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Objective C
- Experience with iOS animation / custom UI elements
- Experience with BLE / iBeacon
- Experience publishing and maintaining iOS apps in iTunes store
- Exposure to any of bash, fastlane, ruby, python or groovy scripts
- General Development
- Git version control
- Unit testing
- Continuous integration, e.g. Jenkins.
- Experience working in an Agile team
UrbanThings is a small company that we're filling with incredible people. We have a great brand, amazing products and, with our recent funding, we’re ready to go global. We have a relaxed, fun workplace with cosy sofas, cold drinks, regular free lunches and nights out. There's a great benefits package (how about a new laptop, regular free lunches, remote working allowance and generous holiday allowance for starters) -- but -- above all – we have a place where we love building amazing, inspirational things. Come and join us!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76042320