Finance Business Partner
Chase and Holland are recruiting for a Finance Business Partner and this role offers the right person excellent opportunity for growth. This person will need to be a Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with 1+ years' experience with good excel skills and knowledge of Oracle. Our client is the Leading UK service provider in their Industry and looking for a Finance Business Partner for this newly created role following a period of continued growth. The client is looking for someone to make a real difference, provide support on the strategic and operational direction for the business and to continue to drive the businesses performance. The Finance Business Partner will build great relationships with the senior leadership team. While much of the role will involve carrying out commercial duties for the business, the finance aspect is extremely important too. You'll act as the finance team's main interface with the business, covering all financial activities, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, ledger and commercial decision support
Working closely with the Financial Controller, the role will include the following duties:
- Supporting to the Financial Controller and the Wholesale/supply chain managers when necessary
- Monitoring financial performance against the budget, identifying risks and opportunities for income growth and cost savings.
- Proactively facilitating cost control through regular budget holder meetings across the wholesale business
- Accountability for the delivery of the wholesale, supply chain and specials performance
- Budgeting and forecasting for the business
- Financial modelling and scenario modelling, creating cost benefit proposals to support opportunities and projects.
- Supporting the sales and pricing team strategy with financial analysis and advice
- Supporting financial planning, financial monitoring and analysis
- Providing timely, correct and user-friendly monthly and quarterly analysis of the financial position.
- Supporting driving continuous improvement
- Ownership of specific finance projects ensuring quality reporting and cross business involvement
- Balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules including reconciliation of stock to nominal ledger to ensure integrity and completeness of financial information
- Support of statutory audit, internal audits, IFC reviews, stock checks and PIs
- Provision of support at month-end with the production of management accounts
The ideal candidate must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified and have some experience of a similar commercial position along with strong excel and ERP systems experience. You'll be naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues and drive more robust decision making. You need a good understanding of commercial reporting, costing and pricing analysis and be able to give financial knowledge to non financial managers, building trust and confidence with stakeholder's at all levels. The role needs someone with a logical, systematic & analytical approach to problem solving. In return you will be given the opportunity to be a key player in the business and implement new systems and procedures, Competitive salary between £45,000 - £55,000 and excellent benefits
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76144858