Big Data Software Engineer
We're an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world's biggest travel company. We create technology that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. We are the fastest-growing affiliate network ($3 billion in sales and counting), we work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
At Expedia Affiliates Network we ingest, collect, process and consume vast amounts of data - every minute of every day. This growing volume of data presents real but exciting challenges that require innovation.
The data cloud platform will be designed and built from scratch using the latest state-of-the-art cloud services and technologies in big data. The team will combine experienced and brightest minds to collaborate in this multidisciplinary project.
This is a full time position to be based in EAN's global headquarter in London.
- You will work on data solutions that support and enable product and business teams at EAN to make data driven decisions.
- You will be part of cross-functional team alongside Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Users
- You will collaborate with upstream system architects, developers and program managers to resolve data issues
- Build scalable and high-performant code
- Mentor other less experienced big data engineers within the team.
- Work in a devops environment
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment
- Implement the tools and processes, handling performance, scale, availability, accuracy and monitoring
- You are experienced in Java, Scala and/or PythonUnix/Linux environment on-premises and in the cloud.
- You have experience of AWS big-data cloud ecosystem such as EMR, EC2, Lambda, SNS, Cloud Formation, VPC, AMI ...
- Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark. HBase, Hive, Presto, ETL frameworks
- Experience or knowledge of events streaming pipelines such as Kafka and/or Kinesis
- Experience with large-scale production databases
- You have knowledge of event streaming pipelines (Kafka, Kinesis, ...)
- Experience with time-series/analytics db's such as Elasticsearch or InfluxDB.
- Experience producing tested, resilient and well documented applications
- Experience with machine learning (advantage)
- Good knowledge of infrastructure automation software/tools such as Chef, Terraform and/or Docker
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical teams
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75950229