Internal Audit Manager - International Markets
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
* To be an insightful business leader, with strong commercial awareness and the ability to deliver effective stakeholder management;
* As a member of the Global Internal Audit team, contribute to the team's objectives through demonstrating the high quality provision of independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board and the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Bupa's risk management, control and governance processes. Global Internal Audit's remit is to assist Bupa's Board of Directors to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation;
* To assist Bupa in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes;
* Plan, control and co-ordinate the work required to deliver the agreed Internal Audit objectives to ensure that adequate financial and management controls are operating throughout the organisation and that the assets of the group are properly protected;
* Undertake special project work, or line responsibilities, as agreed with the Audit Director, or the Chief Internal Auditor;
* Provide high quality business partnering including commercial internal consultancy outputs (both written and verbal) that may be used by Bupa management, particularly in the areas of specialist knowledge.
Accountabilities & Activities
* Ability to lead small teams and deliver high quality end-to-end audits and multiple audit projects in accordance with the Global Audit Methodology;
* Delivery accountability for all aspects of audit engagements and to oversee their timely completion to a high standard (including the planning, scheduling, coordinating, monitoring, reviewing of working papers and reports & reporting);
* Ensure the development and presentation of accurate, relevant and timely reporting of internal audit assignments in accordance with approved templates and methodologies;
* Ensure management action plans are followed up to ensure timely mitigation in line with the Global Audit Methodology;
* Strong commercial awareness in order to foresee emerging business risks as well as report audit findings in a commercially minded way;
* Research and recommend continuous improvement initiatives, innovations and new projects within the function;
* Leverage technical knowledge and skills to in a commercial way to provide support and thought leadership as appropriate;
* Build and maintain internal relationships with key stakeholders including management within International Markets and the Risk/Compliance Team;
* Support the Regional Head and Audit Director in the development of the six monthly rolling audit plans;
* Be a true 'business partner', objective, transparent and effective;
* Provide leadership and coaching including oversight and on the job training to audit staff on individual audits;
* Communicating with key stakeholders for audit in respect of audit planning cycles, scoping projects and the outcomes of audit on an ongoing and timely basis;
Qualifications & Experience
The job holder should have:
* Significant demonstrable manager level internal audit role experience (ideally 6+ years of internal audit experience);
* Significant demonstrable internal audit experience working in complex global organisations;
* Strong understanding of what being a trusted business partner in a service orientated audit function means, including experience building strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation;
* Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques e.g. flowcharting, interviewing, presentation, reporting;
* Significant and diverse internal audit experience working in insurance ;
* Demonstrable experience of working independently on internal audit reviews as well as in a team environment;
* Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, PIIA, CMIIA or equivalent) or equivalent overseas qualification;
* A good educational record up to and including degree level;
* Strong communication and influencing skills;
* Commercial awareness;
* Strong interest in and good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76062203