Junior Product Development Technologist
We are excited to be working with a very successful, trend-driven product design company – they supply their cool products to a variety of high street retailers including John Lewis, Waitrose and Tesco.
They are looking for a hard-working Junior Product Development Technologist to support the Technical Director with all administrative and problem-solving duties. This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to develop their career and get their foot in the door of a fabulous creative company.
You must have 1+ years experience working within a product focussed environment where you have had exposure to product compliance. A basic understand of relevant product regulations, excellent attention to detail, an interest in product and be wanting to progress to be a Product Technologist over time is a must.
A day in the life of this Junior Product Technologist role might include:
- Ensuring all factories and suppliers comply with relevant Company audit, systems and manufacturing standards.
- Maintenance of audit records and spreadsheets.
- Commission and managing audits on behalf of the Company liaising with factories and independent audit companies to conclusion.
- Organising relevant product testing with factories based on customer’s requirements.
- Attending meetings and liaising with our Retail Partners on all technical issues.
- Supporting the product development and production team on technical matters.
Skills needed for this Junior Product Technologist position:
- 1+ years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills and confident dealing with large data sets and data bases.
- Being comfortable when working under pressure.
- The confidence and ability to deal with factories in the Far East.
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly when speaking over the phone.
- A natural problem solver with a calm, friendly and logical approach.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76105922