VoIP & Telephony Network Engineer
VoIP and Telephony Network Engineer
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE + car allowance
Are you a talented VoIP or Telephony Engineer who is ready to take the next step in your career? If so and you want to join an established and growing business and have the chance to help shape the team and provide input to how the engineering division is run, then this could be the role for you with our client in Glasgow who are a fantastic technology provider who are looking to build their telephony support team.
Key Role Requirements:
• Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support for customer issues
• Taking a lead role in managing major service outages
• Undertake analytical, research and testing activities to meet resolution targets
• Ensure all incidents are resolved within SLAs and the customer informed of progress throughout
• Documentation of system setup and knowledge base
• Assisting Project Managers with new system implementation
• Previous experience supporting VoIP and PBX systems
• Experience of working 8x8 PBX or other vendors
• Solid understanding of IP telephony
• Network infrastructure, topology and best practices
• Experience of troubleshooting SIP technologies and operational knowledge of Windows Service administration
• Strong team player who coordinates very well with various teams but can also work efficiently alone
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
Further Desirable Skills:
• Cisco Networking
• HP Networking
• UTAX print technologies
• Microsoft Server technologies and Active Directory, Group Policy and PowerShell
• Office 365
• Knowledge of virtualisation technologies – VMware/Hyper-V
• Experience of Windows XP-10 problem solving
• Microsoft Azure experience
• Cat5 and Cat6 cabling
Salary for this position is in the range of £25,000 - £30,000 depending on and commensurate with experience, and it also comes with an additional car allowance of £4800 per year therefore applicants must have their own vehicle that can be used for travelling between company and client premises when required.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you feel that you meet the requirements for this role and would like to apply, please do so through the link provided.
A well written & detailed CV along with a non-generic covering letter specific to this vacancy would add significant weight to your application. Please note that due to application levels and the specific requirements for this position, only the most suitable applicants can be contacted.
Realise Recruitment provide services throughout Scotland for sales, technical & commercial positions as well as numerous other job roles at all levels.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75964211