Financial Controlling Systems Manager
We are looking for a talented Financial Systems Manager to join our UK Finance team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England. Your main activities will include:
As Controlling Systems Manager your role is to assess the impact on the UK Finance Controlling systems of emerging changes in the business environment, both internally and externally and advise the management of the directorates as to how such changes should be addressed.
To manage the timely and cost effective implementation of any resultant systems and procedural changes together with other changes resulting from the ongoing evolution of the business processes.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure that there are effective accounting systems and processes in place to support the discharge of new business opportunities, guiding those dealing with the customer into making optimal use of existing processes and then, where necessary, instigating essential enhancements.
- Pursue a positive policy of mechanisation of accounting procedures, by working with the AFC community and representatives from other directorates to identify improvement opportunities within the finance systems, and making recommendations to the AFC directorate management team with respect to their adoption.
- Manage the introduction of agreed controlling system and procedural changes within the Finance directorate, including:
* Co-ordinating development and testing activities with the ICT department
* Managing the go-live process, ensuring adequate controls and contingency arrangements are in place
* Conducting post go-live reviews to verify that anticipated benefits are being realised
* Ensuring that any system and procedural developments to the finance systems align to agreed company level processes/policies and meet the requirements of the required external agencies and external auditors
- Support AFC business improvement opportunities through better use of systems and through development of process automation and development of reporting
- To provide cover and support to the Financial and Statutory accounting and travel and expense systems
- Analysing the work content of proposed system change activities to guide management when planning and prioritising these activities.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The jobholder is expected to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a recognised qualification resulting in membership of one of the major professional accountancy bodies. Alternatively, qualified by experience with a significant experience operating in a similar role within an organisation of comparable size.
- The jobholder is expected to demonstrate professional and technical skills reflected in the above qualification.
- Ideally the jobholder will have knowledge of SAP, Business Intelligence, Microsoft office, other systems include Concur.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of operating with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and be capable of running several activities simultaneously according to agreed priorities.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76016416