Interim Part-Qualified Accountant - Media
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a Part Qualified Accountant to join an international media and television business. This role will involve intercompany accounting for EMEA region and you will be required to get involved in everything from bank reconciliations to looking at the P&L, and you will have the opportunity to take on responsibilities outside of the job specification to gain new skills and gain wide ranging experience.
The client are an international media business that operates a massive range of television and cable networks. They have entities in over 120 countries around the world and so the opportunities to grow within the business are vast.
They are located within 5 minutes walk to Oxford Circus tube station. The role will be reporting into the Financial Controller for the EMEA region working as part of a wider finance team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations in functional and reporting currency
- Multi-currency bank reconciliations across EMEA region (8 currencies including GBP/EUR/DKK/CHF/NOK)
- Preparing/maintaining P&L and liaising with/reporting to divisions internally
- Posting intercompany charges
- Preparing accruals and prepayments (e.g. rent/rates/Amex bills)
- Process improvement and streamlining
- Preparing the VAT submissions for EMEA region
- Coding of invoices and tracking invoices for Freelancers
- Liaising with business departments in US and responding to requests from Internal/External Auditors
- Finance Business Partnering
- Assisting with statutory reporting and auditor queries
- Calculating and recording transfer pricing service fees between subsidiaries
- Working with the Shared Service Centre
The successful candidate:
- Interested in a role within the media sector
- Experience working in a Management Accounts role
- Understand and have exposure to balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany accounting and be able to analyse large volumes of data
- Must have worked in multi-currency reconciliations and reporting
- Working towards a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong and confident communication skills as the role will involve dealing with stakeholders (internal and external)
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict reporting deadlines
This is an interim opportunity for a Part-Qualified Accountant to work in one of the world's largest media businesses for a period of 3-5 months.
The salary will be up to £150 per day dependent on the level and extent of your experience.
If you are immediately available and are looking to work in this industry, please apply now as we are looking to fill this role ASAP!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76115589