Interim Finance Manager - Hospitality/Restaurant
A new opportunity to work within a rapidly expanding restaurant chain as a Finance Manager. In the role you will have responsibility for financial, management and commercial accounting for the 3 chains, will be liaising with senior management/operations.
You will also have 2/3 more junior finance staff reporting directly into you so line management experience is essential.
The client are part of a large FMCG/food production company that operate internationally, but have diversified into the restaurant market. The business currently has 15 people working directly for them, and there is a unique and collaborative working environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas and work together.
They are currently operating 3 restaurants across London and are looking to open 5-6 more over the next 12 months. The head office is located close to Oxford Circus so please ensure you can commute to this location.
The main responsibilities in this role:
- Leading and managing the finance team (2/3 part qualified accountants)
- Restaurant reporting from the 3 chains
- Balance sheets reporting, P&L analysis, weekly/monthly KPI's and sales analysis
- Systems implementation and process improvement
- Business partnering - operations team, general managers
- Driving performance improvement through effective finance reporting and analysis
- Month End reporting including constructing balance sheets to strict deadlines
- Developing end-to-end Business costing process for new product development
- Working closely with Finance Controller
- Forecasting and capital investment appraisals
The successful candidate:
- Part qualified/Finalist or Qualified by Experience
- Will have experience working in restaurants/hospitality
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data
- Must be results-oriented and focused to reach targets in strict deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure
- Must have experience having managed a team of at least 2
- If you have worked in a SME/Start-up that would be desirable
- Strong communication skills (verbally and written)
- Motivated by working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
This is a 12 month contract role for a Finance Manager and they are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
They are looking to pay between £40,000-£45,000 for a candidate with relevant experience, so if you are interested in using your skills to work in a rapidly growing business, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76065277