Insurance Data Analyst, EU Regulation
Insurance Data Analyst, EU Regulation
One Lime Street,
Lloyd's will be setting-up a new European insurance company to be located in Brussels, with the intent be able to write risks from all 27 European Union and three European Economic Area states after the United Kingdom has left the EU, providing our customers and partners continued access to the innovative solutions of the Lloyd's market.
Data is one of the strategic forces underpinning Lloyd's 2025 vision and will be an essential part of the value proposition for Lloyd's European insurance corporation. This requires a capability to source, organise and present data to experts and users in a way that resonates with their business strategy. It is pivotal to Lloyd's that we are able to provide the market and customers with an effective solution that means business can carry on without interruption when the UK leaves the EU.
Lloyd's is the world's specialist insurance and reinsurance market.
With expertise earned over centuries, Lloyd's is the foundation of the insurance industry and the future of it. Led by expert underwriters and brokers who cover more than 200 territories, the Lloyd's market develops the essential, complex and critical insurance needed to underwrite human progress.
Backed by diverse global capital and excellent financial ratings, Lloyd's works with a global network to grow the insured world--building resilience for businesses and local communities and strengthening economic growth around the world.
Responsible for determining, maintaining and communicating the data standards for regulatory compliance of Lloyd's Europe.
What Will You Do?
- Develop, implement and maintain end-to-end data standards from data collection to submission against regulatory regional data standards for the European Union.
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring submission data sets conform to the data standards expected by regulatory bodies
- Ensuring traceability throughout the data process and ensuring submission datasets conform to Solvency II data standards
- In collaboration with the Data Quality Team, manage the data quality checks on data received to ensure minimum standards are met
- Identify and characterise anomalies in the data and devise new processes to resolve data quality issues
- Act as a point of contact to resolve issues with compiling and submitting data
- Assist with the design and specification of new data capture and validation requirements
- Keeps abreast of industry trends in data mapping, data management, standards compliance methodologies, and metadata management
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of insurance principles and practices, ideally specific to the London/Lloyd's market (beneficial)
- Solvency II
- EU Insurance regulation knowledge
- Insurance and Claims data knowledge
- Data systems management knowledge
- Data reporting and analysis experience
- Delivering Data Products and Services
- Adhering to Data Governance and other related data quality and compliance standards
- Ensuring appropriate use of data including the sourcing of updated, alternative and service enhancing data sets
- Continuous improvement of Data standards and their associated production needs
- Enhanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to analyse, understand and explain complex requirements
- Substantial skills in data manipulation and reporting software such as Business Objects, SQL Server, ETL, QlikView, data marts, and other current data technologies
- Ability to assist with the production of detailed functional/technical specifications
- Ability to work independently in a front office role, bridging between a range of stakeholders
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent experience
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile:
Please note you will still need to complete you application through our career page in order to be considered for this role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75953180