Visual Basic / VBA Developer
Tax Automation are looking to recruit a Visual Basic developer for a permanent position located at The Reading Enterprise Centre on the University of Reading Whiteknights Campus. Tax Automation are an established company specialising in providing software and services to in-house tax departments of FTSE 100 and private equivalent companies including Balfour Beatty, Royal Mail and Prudential.
The company is seeking a person with experience of Visual Basic development from Excel VBA and VB6 through to VB.NET. Experience of the following is required:
- Financial modelling /development using Excel and VBA;
- Development of desktop and web applications in Visual Basic.NET;
- Microsoft SQL Server; and
- XML/XSL transforms.
The ideal programmer will have worked in a small team with a broad variety of projects, preferably using agile methodologies and with experience of all aspects of development work. The candidate should be confident in his or her abilities and be capable of communicating with senior staff both within Tax Automation and at clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- coding and creating bespoke solutions for client projects from initial specification through to delivery;
- maintenance and enhancement of existing packaged applications; and
- assistance with preparation of requirements and design documents.
The role is full time and predominantly office based but some travel for client meetings may be involved.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76006813