IT Senior Internal Auditor
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
The Senior IT Internal Auditor is responsible for working within the Internal Audit team to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board and the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Bupa's risk management, control and governance processes.
Accountabilities & Activities
* Assisting Bupa in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes.
* Undertaking special project work, or line responsibilities in emergencies,
* Provide an internal consultancy service that may be used by Bupa management, particularly in the areas of specialist knowledge.
* Lead the planning and execution of audits across Bupa's businesses under the scope of the Internal Audit team suggesting changes to decrease risk, cost and increase control in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology, processes and procedures;
* Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for control improvement, providing appropriate findings and recommendations to a high standard. The post holder will follow up on agreed actions to completion;
* Deliver high quality reports of the results of completed audits to management through excellent verbal and written communication;
* Assist in the development of the annual audit plans and provision of advice to the business around audit, as well as the reporting associated;
* Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment taking responsibility for audit planning and development of the audit program, preparing all relevant audit papers and reports and presenting to the business.
* Oversight of analysts on individual audits including allocation and review of audit work as well as day to day support and advice, including about their development;
* When working with our co-source partners, manage the engagement and relationship to facilitate their work and ensure the deliverables meet the requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
The job holder should have:
* Significant and diverse IT internal audit experience.
* Demonstrable experience of working for large multinational organizations, with good exposure to senior stakeholders.
* Demonstrable experience of working independently on internal audit reviews as well as in a team environment.
* Appropriate IT Audit qualification (e.g. CISA, CISSP).
* A good educational record up to and including degree level.
* Strong knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques e.g. flowcharting, interviewing, presentation.
* Strong communication and influencing skills.
* Commercial awareness.
* Strong interest in and good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76063065