Our Client are a leading electronics business based in South Yorkshire. The company currently require a talented Engineering Manager to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
* To lead a team of engineers to drive innovation and new product development, as well as supporting the existing product portfolio through product and production process improvements.
* The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering new products/technology , and be a team player, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a small team.
* A key member of the management team responsible for developing and delivering new products on cost, budget and to specification.
* Drive growth and innovation through the development of a robust technology road map to support the medium and long term strategy of the business.
* Effectively manage the transition of new products into production, as well as identifying and implementing improvements in the production engineering processes for existing products.
* Continuous improvement of the product development process in close coordination with Product Management and Sales.
* Leadership of the engineering team, including resource allocation and workload prioritisation.
* Effectively manage development projects from concept to production in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring milestones and goals are met.
* Contribute to the development of product road maps in conjunction with product management.
* Partner with other functions in the business as required to support the development of new opportunities; the resolution of quality issues and the delivery of cost improvements.
* Build a strong team by effectively recruiting, motivating and developing individuals in a strong team environment. Build organisational and talent development capability including succession plans
* Experience of effectively leading and managing an engineering team.
* Experience and track record of delivery in new product development.
* Production engineering experience.
* University degree in a relevant engineering/physical science discipline.
* Experience of managing developments spanning multiple disciplines, for example mechanical, electronics, software.
* Excellent communication skills and good customer influence/interaction.
* Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
* Experience in Industrial segment.
Up to £70,000 plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76148124