Tooling & Process Engineer
A respected tier 1 supplier into some of the biggest automotive manufacturers in the world.
We are currently looking for a Tooling & Process Engineer to take responsibility for all the processes involved in the evaluation and implementation of new tooling into the site.
Summary of Role
The Tooling & Process Engineer, will be a hands-on role where you will take the lead of all aspects relating to tooling for new product introductions. The role will also encompass the reduction of Non-Value-Added processes within the business on current tooling and processes.
Main Duties of Role
- Offer key support to the Commercial, Engineering and Production teams at different stages of projects including feasibility, design and post order reviews.
- Lead the ‘Tooling Buy-Offs’ at the toolmaker’s site to ensure tooling meets required specification.
- Control the tooling trials (including specific customer trials at T2000 criteria) at Arlington locations before launch of any new products/changes to tooling for ongoing projects and make any modifications where required.
- To assist manufacturing with any tooling problems and help make improvements to the running and maintaining of existing tooling and tool room practices.
- Drive increased efficiencies on all facilities through tooling and process improvements
- Identify and review products which have Non-Value-Added processes, with the view to eliminate through engineering improvements.
Ideally, you will be a time served Toolmaker from a press tool making background, with previous experience of die maintenance within a high volume automotive environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76070321