Graduate Product Development/Applications Technician
Our client is a leading North East based food manufacturing company supplying to customers throughout the UK and Europe.
- To assist with all Product Development projects where we are developing new and modifying existing products with care and attention to detail.
- Preparation of ingredients for both for product development and new products, including the current product range. Organisation of samples for submission to customers. Organising tasting sessions with other suitable staff members.
- Good communication with the Product Development team, Joint Managing Director and other members of staff to ensure the smooth running of all projects and product development work.
- Preparation of any ingredients such as herbs and fruit products for product formulations, both product development and current product portfolio.
- Liaising with all staff in other departments including sales and marketing personnel, in person and by electronic communications.
- Replenishing raw materials & general ingredients in the development lab from current stocks. Replenishing flavour samples from current stocks where necessary and labelling and recording where required, to ensure we have ingredients ready for any future / ongoing work.
- Organising samples to be sent to Directors, Sales team and Customers.
- To include some tasting and assessment of product development samples made to ensure the suitability of samples for other departments, customers etc. Preparation of related internal product tasting sessions with key tasting personnel. In house training, will be given on this.
- Some basic formulation of recipes for making up products for various requirements using excel.
- Up-keep records of all work and product development logs (mostly via a PC, and some handwritten to add conclusions to recipes, as processed in product development).
- Upkeep of the lab in a clean and tidy condition.
- Good telephone manner and organisational skills.
- Experience/interest with creative cooking / beverage creation would enhance ability for this position.
- Degree in food science is preferred although not essential.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75971146