Project Manager (Leading British Brand)
* Project Manager * World Leading Financial Services Org! * Permanent, Full Time * £40K - £55K * Hove, London and Home Working * Amazing Benefits *
Project Manager required within the Group function of one of the world’s leading financial services organisations. Included in the Sunday Times ‘Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’, this highly reputable and growing organisation offer an amazing working environment and huge scope for career development.
This experienced Project Manager will be responsible for delivering a variety of key projects for the group function, but the initial focus will be on managing a key GDPR Project that will last a number of months.
- Takes end to end responsibility for the delivery of up to 2 medium complex projects or a small project portfolio, establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business to realise the benefits as defined in the Business Case.
- Leads project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained and issues are actively managed through to their successful resolution.
- Delivers effective communication to all interested parties including stakeholders and Senior Managers to support effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of projects. Understands the impact the project has on the Business Unit and strives to lessen the impact to a minimum possible in close cooperation with Senior Business Managers.
- Manages third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project’s Initiation Document and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project.
- Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics, including costs, staffing requirements, project resources, and project risk, ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements, supported by appropriate reporting.
- Ensures that project control procedures are in place, and actively used to assess the effect risks, issues, assumptions and change has on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project sponsors.
- Identifies, secures and manages project resources to achieve project and organisational objectives in line with the project schedule, approved funding and within expected quality and timescales.
- Demonstrates compliance with agreed methodology, standards, policies and procedures to ensure strong governance, sharing knowledge and providing feedback and ideas so that performance is continually improved.
- Shares knowledge and experience with Project Management community, coaches less experienced Project Managers in specific subjects and is actively involved in continuous improvement activities affecting the project delivery framework.
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
Project Management Delivery Experience - Strong experience of project delivery. Exposure to GDPR is highly advantageous but not essential
Decision Making - Understands the principles of decision discretion and agrees with sponsor the appropriate thresholds.
Project Management Methodology- Is proficient in the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE2 or APM.
Budgets-Is proficient in the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost-effectiveness
Ability to manage Stakeholders is key for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75974371