IT Support Engineer Apprentice
Are you passionate about technology and eager to begin an exciting career in IT? Then look no further! Baltic Training and Mellow Marsh are thrilled to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice to join their close-knit team based in Cannock.
A highly renowned IT Support company, Mellow Marsh are a skilled team of engineers with over 60 years of combined experience! They offer small one off jobs, such as a broken or underperforming computer through to a fully project managed operation such as an office move. Whatever the IT problem is, they can offer their clients a tailored service to meet their needs!
Due to their ongoing success, they now have a fantastic opening for a hands-on, motivated apprentice to bring fresh talent to the team.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- First Line Helpdesk Support
- Building PC's and Servers
- Fixing peripheral devices onsite and remotely
- Working on customer sites with experienced engineer
- Data cabling on customer sites and installation of CAT5e and CAT6 data systems
- Assisting with Installation of Data Networks.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- Professional manner and excellent telephone skills
- Passion for IT and keeping up to date with technology
- Knowledge and Understanding of software and hardware
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role
The future is bright
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £3.85 an hour - £153 a week
- Monday - Friday
- 9am - 5pm
Location and travel
Based in the Stoney Lea area of Cannock, the role has limited access to public transport routes, so holding a driving licence would be beneficial.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76108602