Think Specialist Recruitment are working with a local SME who are leaders within their field in the UK. Our client works with some of the largest brand names recognised nationwide. They work with up to date technology supplying a wide variety of products to their clients. Working in a small team on the outskirts of Watford, the Business Finance Controller will take full ownership of all accounting duties.
We are seeking a company Bookkeeper/Accounts Manager to join the company where it will be your duty to oversee the running of company accounts. Opportunity to be responsible for purchase orders, payroll and subcontractor invoice discrepancies as well as providing account preparation up to trial balance, preparation of monthly management accounts and processing all HMRC and VAT returns. It is essential that the successful candidate has strong accounts experience, is willing and able to take on day to day administration tasks and flexible to assist the office team.
Duties to include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Raising sales invoices and processing purchase orders
- Checking all invoices against call costs and internal purchase orders raised
- Processing subcontractor invoices and setting up payments
- Cross checking all PO numbers with invoices
- Producing daily Sales Invoices for customers (using self-billing systems)
- Producing payment schedules checking all costs are correct and raising queries as required
- Bank account reconciliation
- Setting up, implementing and managing new accounting system over time
- Preparing accounts up to trial balance ahead of auditing and submission to Companies House by Chartered Accountants
- Running monthly payroll
- Submitting payroll information and making HMRC payments
- Quarterly VAT returns
- AAT qualification minimum requirement
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts
- Good accounts experience
- Flexible to assist with general administration in a small office environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to investigate discrepancies
- Strong organisational skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft office
- Multi tasking and prioritising
Salary dependent on experience
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75984555