Voice and Data Network Engineer
Voice and Data Network Engineer
Exciting opportunities for Voice and Data Network Engineers to join an exciting and innovative ICT provider within the customer sites in Harrogate and York. Salary circa £32,000 to £35,000 plus bonus, overtime, on call payment and enhanced benefits.
Who will I be working with?
Pinacl is a leading entrepreneurial ICT managed services and ISP provider focused on crafting pioneering technology solutions to solve complex business problems. With an annual turnover of circa £16m, Pinacl has gained an enviable reputation with a well-established and ever growing client-base that is supported by a dedicated workforce of over 90 employees across the group company.
What will the role of Voice and Data Network Engineer entail?
As a Voice and Data Networking Engineer, you’ll work as part of a team providing a 24 hour on-call service in rotation, providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for the full cycle of LAN / WAN and voice products for a managed service contract. Duties will include:
- Monitoring the network and diagnosing faults with customer network and carrying out repairs within agreed SLA
- Providing support and advice on general faults and queries
- Generating reports and documentation
- Providing technical installations and tests according to design documentation and project plan
- Ensuring a safe working environment at all times
- Following documented process and procedures in line with BSI and ITIL including SOW, Risk Statements, Method Statements and customer sign off
What will I need to be considered for this Voice and Data Network Engineer vacancy?
- Proven experience in configuring routers, switches, VPN, VOIP, firewalls, wireless and desktop support
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and using own initiative
- Full UK driving licence
Security clearance and DBS checking will also be required.
The following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Knowledge and experience with Smoothwall, Microsoft networking, Active Directory and UNIX based systems
- Understanding of VMWare and Citrix based systems
- CCNP qualified or working towards, CCNA level at a minimum
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of an exciting and dynamic team within an Investors in People accredited business that is large enough to deliver but still of a size that cares. Pinacl is committed to career progression with professional qualification paths and the company will encourage you to share new ideas, new technologies and solutions and be part of transforming the industry.
Salary: Circa £32,000 - £35,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications plus performance bonus, overtime and on call payment
Attractive Benefits: Company car or car allowance of £5,556 per annum, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service, pension, healthcare, life assurance, and childcare and cycle scheme vouchers
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: There are opportunities available in Harrogate and York (North Yorkshire). You’ll also be required to travel to local customer offices.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Voice and Data Network Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Pinacl. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Pinacl, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPjobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76012159