Senior Development Control Engineer
If you are a Senior Development Control Engineer looking for you next career move, then keep on reading!!
We are seeking a Senior Highways Development Control Engineer to join the highways team of a top consultancy based in Barnet working on some of the major regeneration schemes in the Borough. You will undertake and deliver the regulatory functions of highways Service on major highway infrastructure improvement projects in Barnet. You will lead to discharge the councils functions and responsibilities as a highway and planning authority in connection with a wide range of locally and strategically important development and regeneration schemes.
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Checking developer's design submissions on highway applications to ensure conformity with current regulations, standards and specifications. Review technical documents and make professional judgements and give advice on the information presented.
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the application process and advise on strategic highway matters
- Ensure development impacts of the highway are mitigated, and developments will be integrated to sustainable transport network, especially infrastructure for walking and cycling
- Evaluate the impact of highway network as a result of development and building schemes
- Advise developers on highway design and construction issues
- Liaise with legal services regarding highway issues
- Prepare and review estimates for highway works
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and/or transport
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience as a highway designer including a detailed understanding of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the principals of Manual for Streets
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic/ highway engineering/ transport and development planning
- Wide experience of highways development management and/ or related highways discipline including processing of S38 and S278 applications
- Experience o f highway design, construction and drainage techniques
- General knowledge of planning, development and transport policies and associated legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects/ applications simultaneously from inception to completion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good time/budgetary management skills
- Working knowledge of basic legislation
- Generous basic salary
- Excellent package
Interested? Please apply now with your CV or for a confidential chat about your career options please call Niamh Finnegan at Randstad CPE on 0203 680 0640.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75969208