Are you a Tax professional moving to London?
Are you a Tax professional moving to London? Michael Page Tax are looking for qualified Tax professionals from outside the UK who have experience in either practice, financial services or industry.
PageGroup is a worldwide leader in specialist recruitment, with 40 years expertise and a brand that is synonymous with quality of service and an honest approach that is unrivalled in the industry.
Our Global Opportunities team based in London are here as your key point of contact during your relocation to London.
We can assist with:
- Pre-arranging interviews with Michael Page consultants upon your arrival into the country
- CV and interview advice
- Information about employment market conditions and guidance on current salary rates
Here is are some example roles that the tax team have recently recruited:
One of the world's leading food companies, they operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands were looking for an Interim tax accountant for a 9 month period. As a key resource of the Northern Europe Finance function the role supported the core tax and finance teams based in West London.
The key responsibilities included:
- Internal tax reporting to the European and Global tax teams will be an integral part of the role.
- Responsibility for the review, sign off and submission of VAT and Intrastat returns throughout the region.
- Transfer pricing based tax models across the geography and statutory compliance in four European countries.
The required Qualifications/Skills/Experience were:
- Part qualified (ACA/ACCA/CA). Taxation qualifications would be considered.
- Two years' experience working in the tax department
- Some ERP experience ideally SAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
With over 168,000 employees and offices in over 65 countries worldwide, this role provided an unrivalled opportunity to become a part of this ever-expanding multinational aerospace brand.
This individual assisted the European Tax Team in the management of:
- Corporate income tax instalments
- VAT payments
- Transfer pricing declarations
- Indirect tax compliance
- Global Trade functions in the administration of Intrastat reporting
- Development and implementation of effective indirect tax risk management controls in line with tax risk policies.
The ideal candidate had previous experience in either Direct or Indirect Tax, having worked in either an accountancy firm or previous industry role.
As this position partners with international offices, the successful applicant needed strong communication skills, a flexible approach to their work, as well as an appreciation for different cultures and time zones.
- Be Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CA) - relevant tax qualifications would be considered
- Have confirmed travel plans, arriving in London in the next 2- 3 months
Working in the UK opens up many possibilities; and with UK experience on your CV there are obvious long-term benefits to your career. The UK offers the chance of an exciting lifestyle in some of the most dynamic cities in the world. If you are heading to the UK within the next 3 months now is a great time to discuss how Michael Page can assist.
To be eligible please submit your CV in Word format and include comments regarding your work rights and travel arrangements.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76104776