Travel Credit Manager
Are you looking for your next credit manager role? Do you have experience managing a credit control team within the Travel Industry?
Based in the City of London.
Page Personnel are representing a company who is in the top ten of its sector, a Travel Management and Services Company, leading its field and looking to develop people, technology, channels and products to further outdistance the competition.
Through planned successful growth, profitability has doubled over the last five years, building on a well established reputation for delivering the highest quality service to clients in its chosen premium sectors.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Credit Control Manager will be a key member of staff within our Finance team, overseeing the entire Credit Control function to ensure the company is paid for all the sales made.
Since the role is based in the City of London candidates must be able to commute to that location.
The key responsibility that this Travel Credit Manager will have are:
- Developing and introducing policies and procedures to enhance the Credit Control Function
- To lead, manage and motivate staff within the Credit Control team, setting clear and measurable objectives for the staff
- Oversee international credit management for international offices (accountancy)
- Undertake weekly debt reviews with each team member and agree future action required
- Forecast cash movements
- Carry out credit checks on new clients and recommend credit limits and Terms of Business
- Oversee implementation of new client set up on the accounting system
- Oversee the daily banking, cash allocation and bank reconciliations
- Oversee the direct debit process
- Manage the credit card receipts reconciliation and allocation
- Liaise regularly with Sales / Account Management regarding overdue accounts
- Prepare various month end performance reports
- To ensure the Company's Quality procedures and Health and Safety policy are adhered to within the team
- To develop a Company's Quality procedures and Health and Safety policy are adhered to within the team
- To develop a culture of empowerment through the team ensuring that all employees take responsibility for the on-going success of the Company
- To develop a customer focused approach to the internal client base, liaising effectively with other divisions across the business
The successful Travel Credit Manager will have the following skill:
- Experience using SUN system (accountancy)
- Experience in a client facing role (face to face meetings, relationship management)
- Proven experience of managing employees within a Credit Control team.
- Confident team leader, with strong presence and a natural ability to motivate.
- An evidenced track record of the ability to gain specific results through people -a good coach to your team team to your colleagues, you will identify potential for career progression and ensure talent is recognised
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and engage with internal and external customers
- Remain calm under pressure
- Proven experience of working in multicurrencies
The successful Travel Credit Manager will join the Accountancy department in the City of London on permanent or temporary to permanent basis.
The candidate will be offered a salary dependent on experience.
- 3% pension
- Yearly bonus of 5%
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75921169