Development Control Engineer
Are you a Development Control Engineer looking for you next career move? Interested in working for a top, leading company working on highways infrastructure projects? Then I have the perfect opportunity for you!!
We are seeking a Development Control Engineer to become a member of the highways development control projects team. You will be primarily responsible for assisting the Traffic and Development Manager in ensuring the delivery of highways infrastructure projects and associated highway legal agreements.
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S184, S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and/or highway improvements and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority.
- Identify, quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums
- To ensure the accurate financial information is provided in relation to ensuring the services business objectives are met
- Management of detailed records for all schemes
- Ensure delivery of legal agreements, calculation and collection of financial bonds, commuted ums and fees
- To organise and be accountable for the effective monitoring of Highway Legal agreements
- To liaise with internal and external partners to ensure triggers for payments are identified and acted upon and to ensure payments are received.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic/highway engineering/transport and development planning
- Wide experience of highways development management and/or related highways discipline
- Experience of highways design, construction and drainage techniques
- General knowledge of planning, development and transport policies and associated legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects/applications simultaneously from inception to completion
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering/Transportation
- Membership of an appropriate highway institution (IHT, IHIE, ICE etc)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Life assurance
Interested? Please apply now with your CV or for a confidential chat about your career options please call Niamh Finnegan at Randstad CPE on 0203 680 0640.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75965404