Apprentice IT Support Technician
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy working with Computer Hardware? Did you know the first electronic computer, the ENIAC, was developed at the University of Pennsylvania in 1946. It used vacuum tubes and weighed 30 tons.
Baltic Training are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Support Technician to join our client based in Macclesfield. This exciting opportunity comes with the growth of our client, who deliver IT support to multiple businesses throughout the UK.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Providing technical support to customers.
- Maintaining networks and servers, responding to any problems accordingly.
- Provide on-site and remote support to customers ensuring a high level of service is provided.
- Building/repairing of hardware.
- Escalating any technical problems as needed.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
- CompTIA A+ 901 & 902 (Training only)
- CompTIA Network+ (Training only)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- Passion for IT.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £132 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
- 28 days annual leave
Location and travel
This role is located in Macclesfield and is easily accessible via, all major public transport routes
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to speak with you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75964432