Supplier Quality Engineer / Supplier Development Engineer Heavy Engi
Supplier Quality Engineer / Supplier Development Engineer– Heavy Engineering
Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Car & benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading heavy engineering business who supply market leading products to customers globally
As Supplier Quality Engineer you will be in an autonomous role and will be responsible for:
- Monitoring Supplier Quality Performance
- Auditing both new and existing suppliers in-line with ISO:9001 standards
- Working cross-functionally with other departments in the business to develop supplier relationships
- Working closely with suppliers to develop their processes, manufacturing capabilities and ability to cope with design change
- Working collaboratively with suppliers to develop their processes such as APQP, PPAP, PFMEA with a view to improving supplier performance
- Working closely with the Purchasing and Supply Chain team to rationalise the supply base
You will be an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer ideally from a mechanical engineering background such as aerospace or oil & gas, automotive industry, or precision engineering. This role is also suited to someone who can work in a structured and controlled manner as cross-functional communication is critical to the success of this role.
This is a market-leading manufacturer who supply a global customer base with their industry leading range of products. They have had a lot of success in winning new business and are growing the business and investing in new capital equipment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75985262