Store Manager - Entertainment Retailer
Store Manager - Entertainment Retailer - Job Summary
Our client is a specialist in the entertainment industry and we're looking for a proven retail manager with a genuine passion for music. Be it playing an instrument, being in a band or something else, this is an ideal role for a manager looking to 'hit the right notes' We are looking for entrepreneurial retailers who have a strong drive for results and development. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to become a real "star" in the retail industry.
Store Manager - Entertainment Retailer - Role Responsibility
As Store Manager it's your store. Your work will determine its success, so you need to be the kind of person who loves a challenge, and can meet it with energy and enthusiasm under pressure. You'll develop your staff to help you meet your targets. Your motivation and drive will inspire everyone around you.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Driving sales
- Ensuring strong merchandising levels
- Ensuring all aspects of loss prevention are understood by staff
- Maintaining two way communication between staff and senior management
- Staff review meetings
- Budget control
- Ensuring daily action plan is carried out by the team
- Maintaining high level of staff performance
- Staff development
Store Manager - Entertainment Retailer - The Ideal Candidate
As a Store Manager, it is essential that you have previous retail management or supervisory experience, either as a Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Department Manager, preferably in a volume retailer, and have a good understanding of profit and loss and merchandising.
You will also have:
- Passion for music is essential - ability to play an instrument of some kind is preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll and cash handling
- An excellent track record of achievement: maximising sales and achieving / surpassing targets
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959190354