Principal Civil Engineer
My client is a growing successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, working throughout the UK and abroad on a vast array of interesting projects.They now have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to become part of a growing team, and benefit from good career development prospects to be based in their Ipswich Office.
The successful Principal Civil Engineer will have:
- An ability to lead design teams in the design of civil engineering structures.Experience of leading design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be required.
- Experience and an ability to design civil engineering structures to Eurocodes and British Standards.This must have entailed the interpretation of client requirements, project definition and management, production and checking of calculations, structural analysis, preparation of sketches for and working with technicians, and the preparation of accompanying documents.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with approvals with Statutory Authorities e.g. Environment Agency, Highways Authority, etc.
- An ability to ensure that designs comply with all health and safety requirements.
- An ability to lead others and self in the inspection of civil engineering structures on site. Prior experience of carrying out inspections will be required.
- An ability to interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
- An ability to manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees.
- Experience and an ability to manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project programmes and commercial activities.
- Experience in business development.
- A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English.
- A thorough understanding of engineering principles and an eye for detail.
- A degree accredited for CEng Status.
- Substantial relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment.
- UK driving licence.
In return my client is offering a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, an annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects.
They can also offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.careerstructure.com/job/76131929