Civil/Infrastructure Design Engineer
Reputable, medium sized multi disciplinary design consultants require a Senior or Project Civil/Infrastructure Design Engineer to sought to join the Civils team based in their Hemel Hempstead office.
You should have a broad based experience of infrastructure design related to buildings schemes projects from initial feasibility through planning to detailed design and construction and you should be versatile to meet the requirements of a diverse and expanding workload.
This is a permanent position based that would suit an engineer who has recently obtained or is working towards professional Chartered status, and with relevant experience in a consultancy environment working on industrial, commercial, residential and retail related projects.
Principal Duties and Skills:
- Scheme and detailed design of infrastructure for developments
- Experience with the technical approval processes for S102/104 sewer adoptions, sewer diversions and sewer requisitions and S38 / S278 road adoption
- SuDS drainage design
- Proficiency with MicroDrainage WinDes
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and associated design packages
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Commercial awareness
- Supervise and provide technical support to other members of the in-house team
- Liaise with clients, other members of the professional team and local authorities
- Flood Risk Assessments, including flood modelling
- Working knowledge of Building Regulations and CDM Regulations.
- Awareness of Floods and Water Management Act 2010
- Experience with DMRB and MCHW documentation
Remuneration & Training
There is a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale, and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques accredited to training programmes to achieve professional qualifications and external short courses. The firm's breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered which includes:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave entitlement, plus up to 5 days long service entitlement
- Membership of Company Permanent Health Insurance scheme - in the event of long-term sickness or disability this enables the Company to maintain your employment
- An active sports and social club
- Corporate membership of a local gym
- Workplace nursery scheme available
- They support and encourage professional development and accredited training
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75972683