An Interim Financial Accountant is required to join a public sector business based in the Thames Valley for a period of nine months. If you are an ambitious and technically astute finance professional looking for a challenging, deadline driven environment then please apply to find out more.
As the Interim Financial Accountant your duties will include:
- Staff Management & Supervision: Providing day to day leadership and support to the team covering: corporate accountancy, capital, treasury management and group companies
- Production of budget reports to members and Corporate Leadership Team, and significant parts of the medium term financial plan
- Co-ordinating corporate budget setting process
- Provide financial input to corporate developments and other strategic projects
- To develop and maintain financial operating controls / policies and procedures.
- To review current practices and develop/drive forward new ways of working to achieve greater automation and efficiency
- Completion of significant parts of the Statement of Accounts and other closedown tasks
- Developing audit planning and audit liaison to meet a faster year end
- Strengthening the control environment
- To develop good working relationships with relationship managers, case owners, finance specialists and internal customers
The successful Interim Financial Accountant is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with experience of financial and statutory reporting within local government. They will be intellectually inquisitive and technically strong, with good analytical skills and will have proactive problem solving capabilities.
Salary & Benefits
£250-300 per day. Parking is available, alternatively the office is well served by bus and train links.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.