Are you a technical whiz who would you relish the opportunity to kick start or further your career as a Software Developer, working within an innovative environment as part of a business that will encourage you to share new ideas, technologies and solutions? If so, keep reading to uncover an amazing career opportunity?
Who will I be working with?
Accountis Europe is a business unit of Finastra, a thriving international business that unlocks the potential of people and businesses by creating a dynamic platform for open innovation in the world of financial services. With a global footprint and the broadest set of financial software solutions available on the market Finastra combines $2.1 billion in revenues, 10,000 employees and over 9,000 customers, including 48 of the top 50 banks globally.
The team at Accountis Europe based in Bangor (North Wales), concentrate on offering flexible and scalable electronic invoice presentment and payment (EIPP) solutions to companies worldwide. The business processes more than 2 million transactions each day and support over 300 payment types.
So, what will the role of Software Developer entail?
Joining the busy Development team within the growing business unit, your responsibilities will include maintenance and design of the company's e-invoicing and payments products. Duties as follows;
- Producing software that meets pre-defined requirements and quality standards
- Working to defined project plans and timescales and ensuring deadlines are met
- Making independent decisions on the technologies and approaches to be used for each task
- Contributing to high-level system design discussions and demonstrating a deep understanding of the product and the technologies used
- Understanding and solving complex software problems
- Assisting junior developers to raise quality of skills and output
- Participating in out of hours scheduled maintenance
What will I need to be considered for this Software Developer role?
- Good knowledge and/or experience of software development and designing systems
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong programming skills
- Knowledge of software development idioms and patterns
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superb communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and independently
What will I receive in return?
You'll be working within a business unit that is small enough to allow you to be able to make your mark but also large enough to have the financial security of a global business. The business is growing and the role offers a great opportunity to be part of the exciting journey. You'll be working with a modern and pleasant working environment as part of a professional friendly team.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum, level dependent on experience and qualifications
Other Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme with 5% employer contribution, and excellent opportunities for career development.
Hours of Work: Full time, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Bangor (Gwynedd, North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Software Developer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Finastra. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Finastra, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959194128