Digraph Transport Supplies Ltd
Finance Director Opportunity
About usDigraph Transport Supplies Ltd is the leading supplier into the billion pound heavy truck and trailer parts aftermarket. After recently securing significant investment, the company is set to embark on a period of rapid growth taking its current network of 14 branches to 80 branches nationally over a 4 year period. Digraph was founded in 1976 by Peter Rawson, later joined by his son James, who together built the company into the success story that it is today. Its current network has 14 branches centred in the Midlands with a 175-strong team which prides itself on having the strongest customer services ethic in the HGV parts industry. Their maxim –“whatever it takes” – means doing anything that is required to fulfil the commitment to its customers…..and then some. James Rawson, Managing Director of the company, has part ownership alongside Sukhpal Singh (the founder of Euro Car Parts) and LKQ Corporation. Both Sukhpal and James are truly inspirational and successful leaders who will support and develop you in the position.
The RoleThis is a brand new Finance Director role joining the senior team at Eastwood, Nottinghamshire who will significantly contribute to the continued growth and expansion of the business. The business requires a capable, efficient and flexible Finance Director who brings both relevant industry experience plus the ability to drive the aggressive expansion plans via acquisitions and new branch openings. The individual will be supported with appropriate resources to enable all parts of the role to be fulfilled. Based in the Eastwood Head Office, this role is ideal for a Finance Director with corporate finance experience who lives within 15-20 miles of the head office.
Finance Director Responsibilities:
- Manage the financial operation of the business on a day-to-day basis, including compliance, P&L and risk analysis
- Deliver the acquisition programme that will be identified by the MD and shareholders. Appropriate assistance and resourcing will be provided.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including banks and auditors
- Assist the MD and senior team with budget setting
- Deliver financial guidance for Senior team to support the business objectives
- Deliver daily and weekly cash flows
- Produce all relevant financial reports and accounts in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage and develop the finance team
- Play a crucial role in development of finance strategy
- Ensure financial systems are efficient and effective
The Ideal Candidate:We are looking to recruit a high calibre Finance Director with a track record of transacting bolt-on acquisitions and providing support for management’s roll-out programme nationally. In view of the expansion plans, there will also be a particular focus on acquisitions (legals, due diligence, non-disclosures etc). It goes without saying a positive and driven nature will be essential and while sector experience would be preferable it is not a pre-requisite to be considered for the role. It is essential that the person brings with them an ability to multi-task across a wide range of projects, as well as the skills to delegate and manage a team. It is essential that they possess first-rate skills in reporting, strategy, operations and analysis.
The role requires a qualified accountant that has up to 10 years direct experience in industry (i.e. outside of a professional services firm) and has good understanding or has managed the following activities in their recent past:
- Auditing and Assurance
- Internal Controls
- High level Modelling
- Financial accounting
- Consolidation of accounts
- Financial Analysis
- UK GAAP
- Management of banking relationships
- Transactional ability
- Management Accounting
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
- Ledger and credit control
- Purchase Ledger and purchase invoice verification
- Nominal Ledgers
- Treasury, including foreign exchange, cash control and cash recording
- Management and Statutory accounts
- Customs & Excise and Inland Revenue Compliance
- Preparation of annual budgets for, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Updating of quarterly estimates for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow.