I am currently recruiting a Legal Biller for a US based law firm. Due to increased workload they are looking to take on a new member of staff on a temporary basis.
My client is a US based law firm based in the City of London, close to Bank station.
Due to increased workload they are looking to hire a legal biller to join the team as soon as possible.
Legal Biller, City of London
Roles and Duties
1. Applying established and developed knowledge of UK Customs & Excise Invoice regulations. Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) and VAT regulations.
2. Applying established and developed knowledge, review and process prebilling documentation according to attorney instruction and department procedures; collaborate with internal clients to define needs; ensure relevant parties are kept informed and up to date.
3. Deal with credit notes to ensure Elite records and VAT returns are correct.
4. Check Trust Account balances on prebills, liaise with banking section and apply credit on bills if necessary.
5. Review prebilling documents for special billing arrangements and obtain necessary documentation if arrangements are not reflected on prebill; ensure effective and detailed information flow within and department and internal clients.
6. Review rates, addresses, and other components of prebill for accuracy.
7. Proactively coordinate appropriate approvals for adjustments.
8. Review final bills to ensure data integrity.
9. Provide research assistance; locate data and information from other sources that may not be readily available.
10. Prepare bills and return to assigned secretaries for distribution.
11. Maintain Excel spreadsheets for billing analysis, apply and administer other application tools as needed.
12. Maintain London's Billing Rates spreadsheet.
13. Coordinate and prepare special billing projects as needed; seek out root causes of problems; recommend appropriate solutions.
14. Respond promptly and completely to client/attorney/department inquiries; proactively communicate with internal and external clients to ensure that Accounting and
Financial Services Department needs are met.
15. Regularly review client service procedures and standards related to Accounting and
Financial Services; identify and coordinate implementation of improvements and enhancements to client service with Department Management.
16. Ensure adherence to firm's billing policies and procedures.
17. Ensuring bills are mailed and signed copies received in the accounts department for filing.
18. Maintain Invoice files in line with VAT quarters.
1. Produce monthly bills to employees.
2. liaise with Banking Section to offset personal charges against expenses when required.
3. Dealing with queried items and transferring to correct matter or GL.
Liaise with the E Billing hub and billing attorneys; read through T&C's and make appropriate billing notes on the matter. Prepare, submit and track EBilling progression via various EBilling
The successful candidate must be immediately available and can start straight away.
The successful candidate will be paid between £18-22 per hour depending on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76131698